Wednesday, November 22, 2017

New book & new series

Out today on Amazon,"The Queen's Whimsy". My new book and the start of a possible new series. So check it out, give it an Amazon review and yeah, email me your thoughts.

"The Queen's Whimsy"
Excerpt:
Okay, the first thing you should understand is that I am a freeborn human. Why is this critical? Well, because in the world I inhabit, being human and freeborn is not only unusual, it’s unheard of. You see I live in the realm of the Fae. Not only do I live here, but I’m the official go-to guy for its Queen. That would be Titania, she of Shakespearean renown. I just call her Tricker méprisable in my native tongue. Okay, it’s a bit cheeky, but I occasionally use that name with her to see if I can get a reaction. The Fae have no sense of humor and can be quite nasty when they think they are being mocked or insulted. I’m sure her ire would be epic. Unfortunately, she never rises to the bait. I also feel this is my way of showing her I’m still annoyed over how she secured me. How did she do it? I’ll explain it all in good time.
First, why does a Queen of the Fae need a go-to guy and especially a human one? I mean she rules over a nation of Fae warriors of various sexes and ages. Oh, just a quick digression: the term they prefer is Fae not Fairy. The Fae are touchy about this issue. They are aware that human usage has given the term fairy a rather negative connotation. The Fae, therefore, think that its employment in reference to them is a slur upon their honor. I figured I’d mention this and spare you their wrath. I told you they are a very touchy crowd, right. Trust me I know of what I write. My first few years here in this place were spent in fighting honor duels. It seems the excuse, “I’m sorry I’m new here and didn’t know that was an insult.” has no effect on getting out of such fights. Lucky for me I was trained in hand-to-hand combat, but again, be patience I’ll get to this too.
Now, where was I? Oh yeah ... why does this Queen require my services? Simple. When her will needs to be enforced, she prefers having this human do it. I can still recall her explanation on the very day she gave me my first assignment.



No comments:

Post a Comment